Team Pink are the team of the Executive Officers and Assistants who are responsible for the running and development of the National Student Scout and Guide Organisation.
Hi, I'm Leon!
I was elected as SSAGO's Publicity Officer last year, and I loved the role so much that I ran again! I've learnt so much over the past year as part of Team Pink, and I can't wait to start my second term!
I'm in my 4th year at the University of Southampton, studying MEng Electronic Engineering with Computer Systems. I love both playing and watching football- and in case you're wondering, I support West Brom!
My role in Team Pink involves coordinating publicity campaigns on social media, writing news articles, organising promotional events, creating publicity materials for local SSAGO clubs, designing National SSAGO badges, managing SSAGO Support events, and more!
I've also been elected as the Webmaster of Southampton SSAGO for a third year, and I was the Publicity Officer for Build-A-Rally 2020, the first online SSAGO Rally. I've been involved in Scouting since joining Beavers when I was 6, and carried on through Cubs, Scouts, Explorers and now SSAGO! I also volunteered as a Young Leader with Beavers for 4 years before starting university.
If you have any feedback, questions or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch!
- Social media: I've shared online posts about Hanukkah and Christmas, and scheduled another one for New Year's Day.
- Team Pink online resources: I've compiled various resources I've used since being elected as Publicity Officer for my successor to use.
- Online publicity: Promote SSAGO lots on social media for Refreshers' 2023!
- Social media: I've continued to promote SSAGO online, posting about topics like Rali Cymru, World Mental Health Day, Diwali, Halloween and Remembrance Day.
- Administrative tasks: I've completed various administrative duties, such as helping onboard our new SSAGO Assistants, ensuring SSAGO's under-18s list is up-to-date for safeguarding reasons and configuring events on the SSAGO system.
- SSAGO News: I've published SSAGO News articles advertising the new Team Pink Assistants and the 2022 EGM results, and contacted local clubs about sharing news articles after their events.
- Instagram: I've created Instagram stories and highlights for Rally of Games, Rali Cymru and CentenaRally.
- Promotions: I will carry on promoting SSAGO frequently online to hopefully attract plenty of new members!
- Event pages: I will help develop the CentenaRally and MedieBall event pages on the SSAGO website.
- Social media advertisements: I have frequently posted about SSAGO on social media (e.g. about The Queen, Amalgam, Discord Refresh, Black History Month and Freshers' Fayres).
- Gilwell Reunion 2022: I booked SSAGO's stand at Gilwell Reunion 2022 and advertised SSAGO throughout each exhibitor slot.
- Facebook: Updated descriptions and permission on SSAGO's Facebook Page and Group.
- Online promotion: I will regularly promote SSAGO (including Rali Cymru) across our social media platforms.
- SSAGO Support: I will promote SSAGO Support events like Camp Together 2023 from Northumberland Scouts.
- General SSAGO advertisements: I promoted SSAGO online during SQA and A-Level Results Days through SSAGO's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok accounts. I reached out to various Scouting and Guiding accounts on social media requesting that they share our post (or their own posts promoting SSAGO). For example, our main Facebook A-Level Results Day post received 73 shares.
- Amalgam 2022 promotion: I've promoted Amalgam 2022 on social media, with posts advertising booking stages, daily activities and snapshots from the SSAGO archives.
- Projects advertisements: I've shared 5 SSAGO Project spotlights across SSAGO's social media platforms, covering the Policy Fixers, SSAGO News, Pride, Web Team and NSGSO/NSGCB Projects.
- SSAGO Support: Wrote risk assessments for Wellies and Wristbands 2022 (covering marshmallow toasting and backwoods cooking at Foxlease and Waddow Hall, respectively) and our booth at Gilwell Reunion 2022.
- SSAGO News: Shared SSAGO News articles from members on social media for SSAGO Completes Metrolink, Rally of Games and 2022's Team Pink Weekend.
- Future event promotion: Advertise Amalgam 2022 and Rali Cymru across SSAGO's online accounts.
- Gilwell Reunion: Promote SSAGO (and Amalgam) through our booth at Gilwell Reunion 2022.
- Social media campaigns: I've consistently promoted National SSAGO on social media, including events like Once Upon A Ball and Rally of Games, special events like 2022's SSAGO Awards and NSGSO/NSGCB Summer Concerts and key dates like Mental Health Awareness Week and Eid.
- SSAGO News: I created SSAGO News articles for this year's Cutlery Cup, Committee Colander and SSAGO Commendations, and created new cover pages for each SSAGO Newsletter edition.
- Awards: I coordinated a new collection of SSAGO Commendations, and handed them out at Once Upon A Ball.
- Photos: I've updated SSAGO's Publicity Officer Photo Library with plenty of new photos from Isle of Wight Revolution and Once Upon A Ball.
- Discord: Updated lots of details on the SSAGO Discord, including launching a new Welcome Screen and creating events for Rally of Games, Amalgam and Rali Cymru.
- SSAGO Support: I've launched event pages on the SSAGO website and Facebook for Wellies and Wristbands 2022.
- Handover: I've continued to contribute to lots of general SSAGO tasks over our busy Handover period!
- SSAGO Support: Promote and coordinate exciting new SSAGO Support opportunities, including Wellies and Wristbands!
- SSAGO News: Share more stories from SSAGO events and socials through our SSAGO News platform!
- Online publicity: Continue to widely promote SSAGO online. I've already scheduled future posts for SSAGO's social media accounts, including for Pride Month and the upcoming Platinum Jubilee Weekend.
- Online publicity campaigns: Continued to promote SSAGO online, including events like Viking Rally and our upcoming SSAGO AGM, key dates like Remembrance Day and Christmas, and additional initiatives such as the Rally of Games Ludo Badge and Christmas Egg Hunt.
- Publicity Officer photo library: Uploaded lots of new photos from events like WomBall and Viking Rally to SSAGO's Publicity Officer photo library.
- Team Pink publicity resources: I've updated the resources available to future Team Pink members (e.g. logos, images and posts) to support future Publicity Officers, and updated the Publicity Officer social media spreadsheet with new social media profiles from our local SSAGO clubs.
- Online profiles: I've updated the branding and configuration of SSAGO's online pages and groups, including on Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Social media promotion: Continue to promote SSAGO as widely as possible on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Discord!
- Awards: Roll out exciting new SSAGO Awards at Once Upon A Ball 2022.
- SSAGO Support: Promote additional activities, alongside Warwickshire Scouts' Get In 2022, through our SSAGO Support programme.
- Promotional videos: Released promotional videos on the National SSAGO YouTube Channel: 'New Uni? New Society | The Student Scout and Guide Organisation', 'We Are The Student Scout And Guide Organisation' and 'Introducing The Student Scout and Guide Organisation'.
- Social media: Publicised various aspects of SSAGO on social media, including events like WomBall, Viking Rally and Rali Cymru, projects like Badges @ Home and the SSAGO Minecraft Server and photos from local SSAGO clubs like the inclusion of SSAGO in various university Freshers Fayres.
- Badges: Designed and showcased the new SSAGO blanket badge.
- Outreach: Hosted an introductory talk, titled 'Scouting for Students', at Gilwell Reunion, introducing prospective members (and parents of prospective members) to SSAGO.
- Social media: Continue to widely publicise SSAGO to new members on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Promotional videos: Create additional promotional videos for SSAGO, using newly submitted clips from SSAGO members.
- Awards: Create a brand new collection of SSAGO awards to reward those who contribute so much to SSAGO!
- Social Media: I've been consistently posting on the SSAGO social media pages- particularly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I've also scheduled posts for important dates in the future (like Pride Month and Father's Day).
- Additional Promotional Videos: I've put together a new National SSAGO Promotional Video, which I'll be publishing shortly!
- SSAGO Support: I've communicated with partners about future SSAGO Support events.
- Promotional Videos: I've been working on new promotional videos for SSAGO- if you have any video clips which you want to be included, you can send them in at ssago.org/special/upload!
- Customisable Advertisements: I'm planning to create new advertisements (social media posts, flyers, etc.) which local SSAGO clubs can customise to their liking!
- Online Publicity: I'll continue to publicise SSAGO on social media.
- SSAGO TikTok: I plan to create more content for our new SSAGO TikTok! If you want any SSAGO-related clips to be featured on there, make sure to send them in! :P